Opens Thursday, August 19th
IMPORTANT! Be sure to reload the page to see the new bids!
An alter ego means an alternative self, which is believed to be distinct from a person’s normal or true original personality that is not usually seen by other people (a hidden superpower i.e. Superman and Clark Kent). Finding one’s alter ego will require finding one’s other self, one with a different personality. The altered states of the ego may themselves be referred to as alterations.
NIADA master artists have created their unique and individual interpretations of “Alter Egos”. The silent auction offers collectors the opportunity to own an original piece. Photos of each piece will be displayed providing the opportunity to view each one and bid on your favorite(s) throughout the NIADA 2021 Virtual Conference, Thursday, August 19th – Sunday, August 22nd.
Proceeds from the silent auction will be used to advance NIADA’s mission to promote the art of the original, handmade doll.
CREATE A BIDDING PROFILE
- To participate in the NIADA Auctions, please register and create a bidding profile with your personal information.
- You will need a valid email address to receive an email every time you are outbid.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all of the information on your profile is VALID and CURRENT. You may view and edit your profile by logging onto the NIADA Auctions website.
Our minimum bid increment is set at $10.00. Bids placed need to be above the current bid PLUS the automatic bid increment. For example, if the current bid is $100.00 Bidder A would bid a minimum of $100.00.
Proxy bidding places bids on your behalf at the established minimum increment ($10.00) until your Maximum Bid is exceeded by another bidder. Simply enter your Maximum Bid (the highest amount you are willing to pay).
The goal of proxy bidding is for you to win the auction at the lowest possible price. Therefore, the Current Bid will equal the former bid plus the established $10.00 bid increment. You can always increase your Maximum Bid until the Auction closes, even if you are the leading bidder.
PROXY BIDDING EXAMPLE:
– “The Precious Treasure” has a starting bid of $100.00.
– Bidder A places an $850.00 proxy bid. His current bid starts at $100.00.
– Bidder B places a bid of $250.00, but is told that her bid is lower than Bidder A.
– Current bid is raised to $260.00 ($250.00 + $10.00).
– Bidder B places a $750.00 proxy bid but is still outbid by Bidder A.
– Bidder B really wants “The Precious” so she places a $950.00 proxy bid and outbids Bidder A.
– Current bid is raised to $860.00 ($850.00 + $10.00).
– Bidder A also wants “The Precious”, places a $3000.00 proxy bid and outbids Bidder B’s $950.00 proxy bid.
– Current bid is raised to $960.00 ($950.00 + $10.00).
– New Bidder C wants “The Precious” and she starts a bidding war with Bidder A and Bidder B, increasing the current bid price to $2610.00.
– The proxy bid placed by Bidder A automatically bids for him until one of the other bidders goes above his $3000.00 maximum bid.
– Bidder C now desperately needs “The Precious” so outbids Bidder A by placing a $3500.00 proxy bid.
– Current bid is raised to $3100.00 ($3000.00 + $10.00).
– The Auction ends before Bidder A and Bidder B can outbid Bidder C and she wins “The Precious”.